Sensor bypass armature Modular BAMa
Up to 9 functional modules can be freely configured in a single fitting.
The modular bypass armature BAMa accommodates ProMinent sensors for water treatment. The armature is simply installed in a bypass of the main process line. It is available in various variants, each perfectly designed for special water treatment applications – from drinking water, water for pool & wellness to industrial water.
Modular sensor bypass armature BAMa: flexible process connection for all ProMinent sensors for water treatment
Depending on the application, the modular bypass armature can be selected in different variants:
For saving sample water: This variant of the BAMa allows all flow-dependent sensors in the 5...25 l/h range to be operated for clear water. This is very beneficial for applications, where sample water cannot or must not be returned to the process, e.g. drinking water monitoring or product water during the manufacture of beverages.
For process water which is clear or has low levels of solids where the sample water is returned to the process: This design can be operated between 20...60 l/h as a result of which self-cleaning of armatures and sensors is improved. Typical applications include water treatment processes in the pool & wellness sector.
For process water which has moderate levels of solids and/or for higher temperatures and/or pressure requirements: This BAMa configuration is designed for operation with flows of 20...100 l/h and is ideally suited for many applications, e.g. in industrial water treatment.
The modular bypass armature BAMa and its various components can be perfectly combined for individual sample water conditioning. Additionally, a flow controller can be installed as well as can components for taking and treating sample water, such as a filter, flow limiter, metering module, ventilation, potential equalisation and earthing. For amperometric sensors without diaphragm, an integrated hydrodynamic cleaning unit can be ordered.
- The sensors can be quickly and easily fitted and dismantled thanks to bayonet fittings.
- All parts requiring maintenance can be cleaned very well as they are easy to access without tools.
- Water consumption is minimised to just 5 l/h for flow-dependent sensors under ideal measurement conditions.
- The good particle mobility allows the bypass armature to be used in an even wider range of applications.
- Construction and material permit temperatures of up to 70 °C at a max. pressure of 3 bar, making it even more flexible to use.
- Thanks to higher pressure levels of up to 7 bar at 20 °C, sample water can return to the process, where permitted.